From being the land of Rajput warriors to displaying the rich and colorful cultural heritage of India, from being the best tourist destination in India to becoming the home to many ancient forts & palaces, from exhibiting valor or bravery of famous kings and queens to having many fascinating festivities, Rajasthan is an Indian state situated on the northwestern part, famous for the rich beautiful history of India and many historic places. And Chittorgarh is one such beautiful city of Rajasthan, highly renowned for its large Chittorgarh fort that was laid on the foundation of sacrifice and nationalism. Popularly, known as Chittod Ka Kila or Chittorgarh Ka Kila or Chittorgarh Kila which leave all tourists amazed and enchanted with glorious history and mesmerizing big complex architecture. On Rajasthan tourism, Chittor Ka Kila a vital role to add more fun, enthusiasm, and pleasures to holidays.
A Brief Introduction About Chittorgarh fortChittorgarh fort is considered to be one of the major attractions of Rajasthan and it attracts millions of tourists every year to its historic significance and enchanting architectural designs. It is Aisa’s largest fort that has buried a series of tales under its ground that exhibits contributing and sacrifice nature of India. Ever since, it was established, ruled, and developed in different ways, many rumors and stories have been going around to give tourists thrill and pleasures on their vacation. The fort is famous for its many fascinating historic tales that fill Indians with a sense of pride and courage. Chittor ka Kila is a symbol of Rajputs’ good works, sacrifice, defeats, victories, and of course their royal style of living and accomplishing things. The fort of Rajasthan is considered to be one of the Best Places To Visit In Chittorgarh. The fort makes Indian recollect the rich cultural and moral values left by Rajputs in the form of legacy & heritage for upcoming generations to acquire knowledge and to know the importance of sacrifice.
What are the Interesting Facts about Chittorgarh fort?
- Chittor Ka Kila is famous as the largest fort in Asia when it is measured by area and it has the marvelous architecture of Rajasthani art and style. Inside the fort, there are over 60 ancient structures, 4 palaces, 20 breathing temples, memorials as the symbol of culture and sacrifice, charming tranquil ponds, or water bodies. The fort is the largest in Asia owing to its large size.
- Chittorgarh Kila was built in the 7th century by the Mauryans and it was named after the Mauryan ruler, “Chitrangda Mori”. There are so many fascinating tales that are said about the fort you can read to add more fun and joy to your holidays.
- Padmini Palace is a symbol of gallant and honor of Chittorgarh ki Rani “Padmavati”. On the southern part of the Chittorgarh Fort, the palace of Queen Padmavati was built to pay special respect and commemoration of her sacrifice and courage. To protect her honor and morals, Rani Padmavati fell in Jauhar(a place of fire) or self-immolation.
- The Chittor Kila appears to be a fish on the hill when it is seen from an aerial view.
- The fort is also recognized as a UNESCO world heritage site.
- Inside the fort, you can go to the government fort where you will find beautiful royal paintings, artworks, scriptures, weapons, etc.